Review: Pearl Arrivals Lounge, Marrakech Menara International Airport, Morocco
A great arrivals lounge can greatly assist in the arrival experience when it comes to arriving in any foreign country. I was a little surprised to see an arrivals lounge arriving to Marrakech Menara International Airport given that it typically isn’t an arrival airport for international overseas flights. We would check out this arrival’s experience on our journey through the airport today.
This post is one chapter on our trip to Iceland, the United Kingdom and Morocco. This trip was redeemed through Alaska Mileage Plan and enhanced through Marriott Bonvoy Elite Status. For more information on how this trip was booked, please see our trip introduction here. For other parts of the trip, please see this index.
Read more from this trip:
- Introduction: Iceland, Spain and Morocco via Iceland Air Saga Class & British Airways First Class
- Plaza Premium Lounge: Transborder Vancouver
- Alaska Airlines: Vancouver – Seattle
- American Express Centurion Lounge, Seattle Tacoma, USA
- Icelandair Saga Class: Seattle – Keflavik
- Hotel 101, A Member of Design Hotels, Reykjavik, Iceland
- City Visit: Reykjavik, Iceland – Part I
- City Visit: Reykjavik, Iceland – Part II
- The Blue Lagoon, Iceland
- The Golden Circle, Iceland
- Ion Adventure Hotel, A Member of Design Hotels, Nesjavillir, Iceland
- Nesjavillir to Dyrhólaey, Iceland
- Nesjavillir, Iceland
- Icelandair Saga Business Lounge, Keflavik, Iceland
- Icelandair Saga Class: Keflavik – Madrid
- The Westin Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Renfe AVE: Madrid Puerta Atocha – Sevilla Santa Justa
- The Hotel Alphonso XIII, A Luxury Collection Resort, Seville, Spain
- City Visit: Seville, Spain – Part I
- City Visit: Seville, Spain – Part II
- Renfe AVE: Sevilla Santa Justa – Madrid Puerta Atocha
- AC Carlton by Marriott, Madrid, Spain
- Iberia Velazquez Premium Business Lounge, Madrid Barajas Terminal 4S, Madrid, Spain
- Iberia Business Class: Madrid – Marrakech
- The Pearl Lounge, Arrivals Hall, Marrakech Airport, Morocco
- Anayela (Riad), a Member of Design Hotels, Marrakech, Morocco
- City Visit: Marrakech, Morocco – Part I
- City Visit: Marrakech, Morocco – Part II
- Activity: Lunch at Aman Yella, Marrakech, Morrocco
- Activity: Overland Travel from Marrakech to Mhamid, Morocco
- Erg Chigaga Luxury Tented Camp, Mhamid, Morocco – Part I
- Erg Chigaga Luxury Tented Camp, Mhamid, Morocco – Part II
- Activity: Overland Travel from Mhamid to Marrakech, Morocco
- Le Meridien N’Fis, Marrakech, Morocco
- The Pearl Lounge, Departures Hall, Marrakech Airport, Morocco
- British Airways Club Europe: Marrakech – London Gatwick
- Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom
- City Visit: London, United Kingdom
- Qantas Business Lounge, London Heathrow T3, United Kingdom
- Cathay Pacific First Class Lounge, London Heathrow T3, United Kingdom
- British Airways First Class: London – Vancouver
Review: Pearl Lounge Arrivals, Marrakech Menara International Terminal One, Marrakech, Morocco
This is a review of the Pearl Arrivals Lounge at Marrakech Menara International Airport Terminal One. For a review of the Pearl Lounge Marrakech Menara International Terminal One departures, please see our other review for the departure experience.
After arriving off our Iberia Business Class Madrid – Marrakech flight, we entered the building and walked towards immigration. There is a strange arrivals lounge available to Priority Pass members called the Pearl Lounge so I thought we could go check it out for interest’s sake.
The Pearl Lounge is the Arrivals Lounge at the Marrakech Menara International Airport. The Pearl Lounge group also operates the primary departure business lounge in the Marrakech International Departures Hall at Marrakech Menara International Terminal One. Chances are that if you are departing Marrakech in a premium cabin, you’ll have access to the Pearl Lounge Marrakech upstairs.
Locating the Pearl Arrivals Lounge:
The Pearl Arrivals Lounge is immediately on the secure side prior to Morocco passport control. It’s located in a spacious no man’s land hallway and if you’re looking out for it, it’s hard to miss it.
Accessing the Lounge:
We located the reception. Access to the Pearl Lounge today was granted courtesy of a Priority Pass Select membership provided through the American Express Platinum Card. The receptionist couldn’t get the Priority Pass electronic card reader to work, so she just waved us in.
The lounge is also a member of Lounge Key and can also be accessed through select credit card memberships which include premium Mastercard offerings.
Inside the Pearl Lounge:
As soon as we walked in the door, we discovered that the place was pretty much sewn up tight. I can’t imagine that regional flights from Spain typically qualify as the peak travel period, so there wasn’t too much going on when we happened to pass through the lounge.
The lights were off, there wasn’t any food to be had and the fridge wasn’t even stocked with more than one bottle of water.
I pretty much used the washroom and took the last bottle of water. It was pretty funny. I believe the facility is primarily used with their VIP Arrival Service that offers a meet and greet.
We wold end up transferring over to The Anayela Riad, a Member of Design Hotels so we didn’t need to make any transportation arrangements while we were in the lounge.
In summary, I wouldn’t expect all to much if a visit here in part of your plans. It’s mostly a place to get organized before venturing into the luggage hall at Marrakech International Airport Morocco. Despite this, this review may be of use to some who hope to use this place prior to venturing out into Marrakech, Morocco.