Trip Introduction: Cabo San Lucas, Mexico via Alaska Airlines First Class
This post is one chapter on our trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico on Alaska Airlines. This trip was booked and credited to Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan using a two for one Companion Fare courtesy of the Alaska Airlines credit card. For more information on how this trip was booked, please see our trip introduction here. For other parts of the trip, please see this index.
Trip Introduction: Whale Sharks, Tacos and Baja California, Mexico via Alaska Airlines First Class
The winter came and before we knew it, the year end was among us. MrsWT73 had two Alaska MVP Gold Upgrade certificates that were expiring on December 31 that she had earned with her Alaska MVP Gold status for 2018. With the bad rainy Pacific Northwest weather on top of us, the question was, where do we use them?
After several trips to Hawaii, MrsWT73 was keen to try something different. After a failed attempt to drive from Vancouver to Cabo San Lucas (while in my twenties), Cabo San Lucas seemed like an appealing destination that we hadn’t been to. We settled on Cabo San Lucas in the Baja California state. We used an Alaska 2 for 1 companion fare for the tickets, and used the upgrade vouchers for first class. As I learn more about the program, it seems I didn’t actually need to use the Guest upgrades, but rather have purchased a Gold Upgrade fare, but live and learn I guess. For the hotel, we settled on the new JW Marriott Los Cabos.
The trip routing ended up looking like this:
YVR-SEA-SDJ (Alaska 2 for 1 companion fare)
SJD-PDX-SEA-YVR (Alaska 2 for 1 companion fare)
Read more from this trip:
- Introduction: Cabo San Lucas via Alaska Airlines First Class
- Alaska Airlines: Vancouver – Seattle
- Aloft SeaTac
- Alaska Airlines First Class: Seattle – San Jose Del Cabo
- JW Marriott Los Cabos
- City Visit: San Jose Del Cabo, Mexico
- Whale Sharking in La Paz, Mexico
- City Visit: Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- VIP Lounge: San Jose Del Cabo
- Alaska Airlines First Class: San Jose Del Cabo – Portland
- Alaska Airlines First Class: Portland – Seattle
- Alaska Airlines First Class: Seattle – Vancouver
I hope you’ll join us on a warm spring break adventure.