The Beaches of Praslin Island at Anse Lazio, Prasiln, Seychelles
The Beaches on Praslin Island, Seychelles include the world famous Anse Lazio Beach along with some smaller wonders. As a result of limited visitors, it’s pretty common to have these beaches all to yourself. It’s a bit to travel here to experience it all, but it is all worthwhile to go the extra distance. Read on to see our Praslin Island Beach experiences.
This post is one chapter on our trip to the Republic of Tanzania and the Islands of the Seychelles. This trip was redeemed through Air Canada’s Aeroplan and enhanced through World of Hyatt and Marriott Bonvoy Elite Status. For more information on how this trip was booked, please see our trip introduction here. For other parts of the trip, please see this index.
Read More from This Trip
- Trip Introduction: Zanzibar, Tanzania and Islands of the Seychelles via Air Canada and Turkish Airlines Business Class
- Air Canada Signature Business Class: Vancouver – Toronto
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge: Toronto International Terminal
- Turkish Airlines Business Class: Toronto – Istanbul
- Turkish Airlines Business Class: Istanbul – Dar Es Salaam
- The Hyatt Regency – The Kilimanjaro, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
- Precision Air: Dar Es Salaam – Zanzibar
- The Residence Zanzibar by Cenizaro, Zanzibar, Tanzania
- Crossing the Island of Zanzibar, Tanzania
- The Park Hyatt Zanzibar, Tanzania
- The Decorative Doors of Stonetown, Zanzibar, Tanzania
- Among the Horrors at the Slave Trade Market, Stonetown, Zanzibar
- Emerson Spice Tea House Restaurant, Stonetown, Zanzibar
- Cruising into Sunset on a Dhow Cruise, Zanzibar
- Precision Air: Zanzibar – Dar Es Salaam
- Kenya Airways: Dar Es Salaam – Nairobi
- Kenya Airways: Nairobi – Mahé, Seychelles
- Le Meridien Fisherman’s Cove, Mahé, Seychelles
- The Beaches of Beau Vallon, Mahé, Seychelles
- Cat Cocos Ferry: Mahé – Praslin
- The Chateau des Feuilles, Praslin, Seychelles
- Tortoises at Anse Lazio and Vallée de Mai, Praslin Island, Seychelles
- The Beaches of Praslin Island, Seychelles
- Air Seychelles: Praslin – Mahé
- Salon Vallée de Mai Business Lounge, Mahé, Seychelles
- Turkish Airlines Business Class: Mahé – Istanbul
- Turkish Airlines Arrivals Lounge, Istanbul Atatürk
- Turkish Airlines E Tour, Istanbul, Turkey
- Turkish Airlines Business Class: Istanbul – Toronto
- Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto International Airport, Canada
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, Toronto Domestic
- Air Canada Signature Business Class: Toronto – Vancouver
Activity: The Beaches of Praslin Island, Praslin, Seychelles
We set out in the complimentary car rental from The Château de Feuilles. We were ready to take advantage of tropical winter weather we had experienced on this particular trip.
We left the Vallée do Mai and headed over to Anse La Blaque on the skinny and narrow roads of Praslin Island.
Anse La Blaque:
Anse La Blaque was a smaller beach at the end of a dead end road and completely empty of tourists. It was really representative of local life on Praslin. There were a few local kids playing in the water as a group, and hardly a soul around.
We stayed at Anse La Blaque for about an hour. We didn’t stay longer as the site was quite wind exposed. We had a bit of a sand flick into the face happening so we opted for a more sheltered beach.
Getting to the World Class Anse Lazio Beach:
We hopped back in the car and headed back across the island to Anse Lazio. Thankfully, the weather later today was co-operating and we had a great 4 hour visit to the beach. I was finally able to get some great screen saver worthy photographs.
We settled into a nice afternoon at Anse Lazio. MrsWT73 was able to get in some sun. It’s truly a spectacular island setting at Anse Lazio and thanks to being a remote island of less than eight thousand residents, there are rarely any crowds to be found.
I ended up taking a short walk over to the west side of the beach. On the west side, there is a partially hidden trail that leads over to some of the magnificent granite rocks that are scattered all around the island. The hidden trail head is behind the rocks of this first photograph. You wouldn’t necessarily know it’s there unless you went exploring.
The trail made for the most interesting photo opportunities of the granite rocks scattered about the Anse Lazio Beach.
I could have spent hours here taking photographs as there was a lot to see. The weather was also just right- not all too sunny and full of bright glare.
Sunset at Anse Lazio Beach:
We ended up staying the rest of the day at Anse Lazio until sundown. Most of the travellers know that the attractions often get better after everyone has left and gone home for the day.
Staying for a sunset drink, we enjoyed a Savanna Cider from South Africa amid the catamarans that were moored in the bay.
We were among the last as the beach hut closed up promptly at 6 PM and we just were asked to leave the empties near the counter. Sunset at Anse Lazio must not have hit the big times as it was pretty deserted on our trip.
We were able to self guide ourselves back to The Château de Feuilles hotel after the sunset without any issues.
My Thoughts on the Beaches of Praslin Island, Seychelles:
Praslin Island in the Seychelles can be an absolutely spectacular and magnificent place to visit. The main problem with Praslin Island is that there is not much to do if it is raining. There were some weather-related issues with our trip that seem to be common with the Seychelles based on what I have read. Although it’s an expensive holiday, I would encourage allowing extra time so that you can appreciate the surroundings without a rain shower. When it’s clear and sunny, it’s an outstanding place to visit.