Review: Lufthansa Airlines A320, Frankfurt – Venice.
The connecting flight between Malta – Frankfurt – Venice would have us briefing passing through the Frankfurt International Airport between one terminal to another. Although Lufthansa is a terrific airline, the Frankfurt International Airport is probably the worst part of the experience travelling with them thanks to crowding, a wholly functional airport design and a lack of engaging facilities at this connections hub. We’d eventually enjoy a short hop over to Venice to start a better part of the trip.
This post is one chapter on our trip to Malta, Italy and Germany. This trip was enhanced through Marriott Bonvoy Elite Status and credited to Alaska Mileage Plan and Air Canada’s Aeroplan. For more information on how this trip was booked, please see our trip introduction here. For other parts of the trip, please see this index.
Read More from This Trip
- Trip Introduction: Valetta Gozo – Malta, Venice – Italy, and Oktoberfest Munich – Germany via Air France Business Class
- Air France Business Class: Vancouver – Paris
- Air France Business Lounge: Paris Charles de Gaulle Terminal 2F
- Air France Business Class: Paris – Munich
- Lufthansa Airlines: Munich – Malta
- The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta
- Boating to Gozo and a last look at the Azure Window, Malta
- Swimming on the Island of Comino and Exploring the Coastal Caves of Malta
- Wandering in the Walled City of Valetta, Malta
- Lufthansa Airlines: Malta – Frankfurt
- Lufthansa Airlines: Frankfurt – Venice
- The Westin Regina Europa, Venice, Italy
- Getting Lost in the Streets of Venice, Italy
- Is a Gondola Ride through the Canals of Venice worth it?
- Air Dolomiti: Venice – Munich
- The Westin Grand Munich, Germany
- Drinking at the Beer Garden at Hofbrahaus, Oktoberfest, Munich, Germany
- Taking in BMW World and the Alstat, Munich, Germany
- Air France / KLM Business Lounge, Munich Terminal One
- Air France Business Class: Munich – Paris
- Air France Business Lounge: Paris Charles de Gaulle Terminal 2E – Concourse L
- Air France Business Class: Paris – Vancouver
Review: Lufthansa Airlines A320, Frankurt International Airport – Venice Marco Polo International Airport
On arrival at the Frankfurt airport, we knew we had a tight connection. Lufthansa had sold us the ticket with 50 minutes connecting time. After arriving from Lufthansa Airlines Malta – Frankfurt we were of course 10 minutes late getting parked to the arrival gate and a few minutes delayed getting off thanks to the row 12 seat assignment in the middle of the plane.
We walked at a very brisk pace through the airport. Unfortunately, we didn’t get the opportunity to get some snacks for lunch to take away. Frankfurt International Airport remains a least favourite airport for me, I find it very congested and tough to get around with very long concourses. The gates where our flight was departing from had some large wide bodied aircraft that made for unique photography through the windows.
We made it to the gate, which turned out to be a bus gate. We waited on the bus until everyone was on board and headed out to a remote stand. It seemed like they were towing around all sorts of aircraft today and it was great wide body spotting from the buses and concourse.
FRA (Frankfurt – Venice)
September 21, 2016
Booked: Airbus 320
Departure: 4:10 PM
Arrival: 5:25 PM
On Board Lufthansa Airlines A320:
On board the Lufthansa Airlines A320, we had the usual next generation Lufthansa Slim Line Seats. The seats are not the most comfortable, but the flight from Germany to Italy was pretty short in duration.
Food and Beverage:
On board, we had a departure and a wafer and beverage service only. There was not much to report on this flight.
We were down on the ground at Venice airport before we knew it. Surprisingly, my bags made it despite the tight connection and were out quite promptly.
My Thoughts on the Lufthansa Regional Service:
We had another great flight from Lufthansa. While the connections experience at Frankfurt International Airport is always a bit of a chore, we got to our destination with reasonable convenience. Transport services were delivered as promised, and we got to our destination along with our bags mostly fed, watered and in a comfortable state.