Bondi Beach and the Bondi to Bronte Coastal Walk, Sydney, Australia
Today’s objective was to visit the world famous Bondi Beach located in the suburbs of Sydney. The Bondi Beach has a large sandy area with terrific surf and access to a special coastal walkway from Bondi to Bronte Beach that ranks among the best coastal walkways in the world. Our day started on the beach taking in the sun, then transitioning over to a coastal walk once the sun had re-treated for the day.
This post is one chapter in our trip to Australia on Air Canada & Qantas Business Class and United Airlines. This trip was booked using British Airways Executive Club Avios and Starwood Preferred Guest (Marriott Bonvoy) points. For more information on how this trip was booked, please see our trip introduction here. For other parts of the trip, please see this index.
Read more from this trip:
- Trip Introduction: Hitching a Ride to Australia via Air Canada & Qantas Business Class and United Airlines,
- Plaza Premium Lounge International – Vancouver International Airport
- Air Canada Business Class: Vancouver – Sydney
- Four Points by Sheraton Sydney Darling Harbour, Australia
- The Historic Landmarks of Sydney, Australia
- A Harbour Front Walk Past the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House
- A Day at Shelley Beach, Sydney, Australia
- Bondi Beach and the Bondi to Bronte Coastal Walk, Sydney, Australia
- A Day at Camp’s Bay by Watson Cove, Sydney, Australia
- Calling on the Koala Bears at Taronga Zoo, Sydney, Australia
- Qantas Business Lounge, Sydney Kingsford Smith Domestic, Australia
- Qantas Business Class: Sydney – Adelaide
- Sipping the Wines of McLaren Vale Region, Adelaide, Australia
- Restaurant Review: The Star of Greece, Port Willunga, Australia
- Exploring the Wines of The Adelaide Hills, Adelaide, Australia
- Tasting an Australian Icon “Penfolds Grange” Wine
- Qantas Club Adelaide, Australia
- Qantas Business Class: Adelaide – Sydney
- Trying to Fly Standby out of Australia’s Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport
- United Airlines: Sydney – San Francisco
- American Express Centurion Lounge: San Francisco International Airport
- Air Canada Rouge: San Francisco – Vancouver
Region Visit: Bondi Beach and the Bondi to Bronte Coastal Walk, Sydney, NSW, Australia.
This post is about our visit to Bondi Beach and the Bondi Bronte Coastal Walk. For other attractions in Sydney, please see our visit to Historic Landmarks of the Central Business District , the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House or our visit to Shelly Beach, Sydney.
Getting to Bondi Beach:
Our next beach day took us to Bondi Beach. We took Bus 330 from Hyde Park in downtown to Bondi Beach. This took about an hour to get there along city streets that were completely absent of the usual marketed franchise businesses that are more familiar around the world.
The Day at Bondi Beach:
Bondi Beach is among the more famous Sydney beaches and was indeed more popular than Shelly Beach in size and the amount of visitors. Bondi Beach sits in a beautiful bay with wide strip of sand for beach-ing. On arrival, MrsWT73 highly approved.
We located ourselves a spot directly on the beach and spent a few hours enjoying the beach and the sounds of the surf crashing ashore.
As a popular surfing beach, there were many locals that were trying out the local surf craft.
The Bondi to Bronte Coastal Walk
It started out as nice sunny beach day but it gradually clouded over. After we had the most of the sun, we set out on the trail walk to Coogee and Bronte Beach. This Bondi to Bronte Coastal Walk path is a beautiful cliff lined walk through the coves down towards the neighbouring Coogee Beach. The walk is located immediately next to Bondi Beach and is easily accessible from the southern side of the beach.
Those venturing out on this walk will be treated to spectacular coast views on a walk of varying elevation.
One of the first attractions on the walk is the Bondi’s Iceberg Club; a locally famous outdoor pool that is cut into the side of the rocks of the nearby hillside and coastline.
I could easily spend hours walking or running here with trail views like this. There were lots to see along the shore and the walk itself with a very scenic setting; even under clouds.
We didn’t make it all the way to Coogee or Bronte, but it’s a spot I’d love to come back to. It would make an especially scenic running trail as we shared the path with many runners. With a reverse view, there were equally as engaging photographs.
My Thoughts on our Visit to Bondi and the Coastal Walkway:
Our visit to Bondi Beach was an especially interesting experience. Bondi Beach is a world famous beach that offers some great surfing real estate. The Bondi to Bronte Coastal Walk also features some interesting coastal scenery amid a special walkways that clings to the cliffside. The coastline is pretty spectacular considering it’s proximity to the city of Sydney itself. The area is a must visit for those that are on an extended stay in the Sydney area or those looking for a little outdoor athletic activity.