Review: Pebble Beach at Qualia Luxury Resort, Whitsunday Islands, Australia
This post is one chapter on our trip to Australia’s Great Barrier Reef, Melbourne with The Great Ocean Road, exploring The Yarra Valley and the beaches of The Gold Coast via Qantas First Class. This trip was booked using Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan. For more information on how this trip was booked, please see our trip introduction here. For other parts of the trip, please see this index.
If you enjoyed this post, please follow us here or on social media through Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for more travel tips and hacks on how to “Upgrade Your Travels”.
Read More From This Trip
- Introduction: Melbourne & Whitsunday Islands, Australia via Qantas First Class
- Alaska Airlines First Class: Vancouver – Seattle
- Alaska Airlines Premium Class: Seattle – Los Angeles
- Marriott LAX, Los Angeles, USA
- To Malibu for Lunch, California, USA
- Qantas First Class Lounge: Tom Bradley International Terminal Los Angeles, USA
- Qantas First Class: Los Angeles – Melbourne
- Westin Melbourne, Australia
- City Visit: Melbourne, Australia – Part I
- City Visit: Melbourne, Australia – Part II
- The Yarra Valley, Victoria, Australia
- The Great Ocean Road and the 12 Apostles, Victoria, Australia
- Qantas Business Lounge: Melbourne
- Qantas Business: Melbourne – Hamilton Island
- Qualia Luxury Resort, Hamilton Island, Australia
- Pebble Beach at Qualia Luxury Resort, Hamilton Island, Australia
- Cruise to The Great Barrier Reef, Hardy’s Reef, Australia
- The Great Barrier Reef via Hamilton Island Air Helicopter
- Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet, Australia
- Virgin Australia: Prosperine – Brisbane
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort and Spa (Gold Coast), Australia
- Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia – Part I
- Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia – Part II
- Qantas Business Lounge: Brisbane
- Qantas Business Class: Brisbane – Sydney
- Pier One Sydney by Autograph Collection, Sydney, Australia
- Qantas First Class Lounge: Sydney Kingford Smith, Sydney, Australia
- Qantas First Class: Sydney – Dallas
- American Express Centurion Lounge: Dallas Fort Worth, Texas, USA
- Alaska Airlines First Class: Dallas – Seattle
- Alaska Airlines Flagship Lounge: North Satellite – Sea Tac, Seattle, USA
- Alaska Airlines: Seattle – Vancouver
Review: Pebble Beach at Qualia Luxury Resort, Hamilton Island, Whitsunday Islands, Queensland, Australia
“The Pebble Beach Pool area at Qualia is exceptionally private and should satisfy most discerning guests”
On our arrival day, we wandered down to Pebble Beach to relax for the rest of the afternoon. We also spend our second day down here thanks to another mix up with the booked tours. The site is protected from wind with a northern (sunny) exposure. It was pretty much deserted down here throughout the stay, making for a very private experience.
Yep, this will work…
Checking out Qualia’s Pebble Beach:
The pool area is in a cove called Pebble Beach. The beach itself was quite rocky and impossible to walk on without sandals or shoes as it was very stony.
There were lots of interesting things to see on the beach. I don’t often get to see brain coral washed up on shore.
We had sunset at One Tree Hill. Instead of opting for drinks from the One Tree Hill bar, we self catered with the leftover wine which appeared to be the thing to do. I don’t know if this was against the local liquor laws (probably), but it was a fact of everyone doing in and setting up a picnic with a bottle of wine. We certainly weren’t the only ones and all the attendees were very respectful in collecting their trash and taking it home with them.
We headed down to the Hamilton Island IGA, where there was a massive parking lot of golf carts. Having the included Qualia golf car was a super handy way of getting around and it added a lot of fun to the holiday. Liquor is sold on the island and the mark ups’ weren’t all too bad for regular bottles of wine. If you wanted champagne however, that was another story and you’d definitely be poorer for not bringing some from home.
Sunset at One Tree Hill:
“Sunsets at One Tree Hill on Hamilton Island, with wallabies grazing around you, is one of the most special memories of our stay”
After IGA, it was back up to One Tree Hill. There is a small bar here, but everyone appears to bring their own sundowner drinks. There are even picnic tables set up outside for this.
It was bizarre having sundowners with Wallabies (baby kangaroos) starting to graze around you; watching cautiously as they maneuvered closer and closer while grazing. This was one of my most unique and special memories of Hamilton Island, and certainly one of the more stranger creatures around during a sundowner cocktail for us Canadian’s.
The sunsets up here were nothing short of beautiful.
An absolutely gorgeous corner of the world…