Marriott Bonvoy Launches Its Fall 2022 Promotion; Register Now
Marriott typically offers a spring and fall promotion that aligns with the business travel season. While we saw a spring promotion that offered a terrific double elite qualifying nights towards elite Marriott Bonvoy status, this fall promotion is decidedly less glamourous.
If you enjoyed this post, please follow us here or on social media through Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for more travel tips and hacks on how to “Upgrade Your Travels”.
Marriott Bonvoy Launches Fall 2022 Promotion: Register Now
Marriott Bonvoy has announced their fall promotion for the year 2022. We typically see hotels announce a fall promotion across many competing hotel brands. Marriott Bonvoy is no exception to this rule, and today we’ve learned of the details of Marriott Bonvoy’s fall 2022 promotion.
Earn up to 4,000 Marriott Bonvoy Points per stay
The details of the promotion are as follows:
- Marriott Bonvoy can register now through December 1, 2022 to earn 2,000 bonus points after completing an eligible stay at participating hotels starting with your second stay.
- Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card holders can earn an additional 2,000 bonus points for each eligible stay at a different hotel brand during the promotional period, starting with the stay at the second brand.
- Stays must be completed from September 21 through December 15, 2022.
- Registration is required prior to your first eligible stay, and registration closes on December 1, 2022
- Only stays paid with cash qualify toward this promotion; award stays don’t qualify
- The standard bonus points will post within seven business days of checking out of a hotel, while bonus points from staying at new brands will post within six weeks of checking out of a hotel
- There’s no limit to how many bonus points you can earn
- All hotels globally are participating, and there’s no minimum length of stay required to unlock the bonus.
Registration is required for this promotion. Registration can be completed through the Marriott Bonvoy App, from within your account on the Marriott Bonvoy website, or through this registration link.
Registration needs to be completed by December 1, 2022 for stays ending December 15, 2022.
What do I think about this promotion?
If you value Marriott Bonvoy points at 0.05 cents per point, this is like getting a potential return of $10 USD per 2,000 point promotion. This would be the equivalent of getting $20 USD worth of points if you stacked both promotions together by earning 4,000 Marriott Bonvoy points. This is the equivalent of earning an extra 1,333 airline miles per hotel stay.
Ultimately, this promotion isn’t too exciting. It happens to really favour those hard core business travellers that are hopping around from hotel to hotel on a nightly or semi nightly basis, and aren’t loyal to any one particular Marriott brand.
Frankly, when I am on the road, I’m not typically going out of my way to stay away from the usual Marriotts and Sheratons on the business circuit that offer elites lounge access. I wouldn’t be exchanging one of these stays in favour of rounding out my promotions at a Fairfield Inn or a Townplace Suites for the minimal amount of incremental points this promotion offers.
If you don’t happen to have a Marriott Bonvoy affiliated credit card, you can apply for one through these links posted below and earn the highest possible welcome bonus.
The Best offer is available below through a referral link.
Offer ends October 26, 2022
American Express Marriott Bonvoy (CANADA)
70,000 Marriott Bonvoy Point Welcome Bonus with $3,000 minimum spend + 10,000 Additional Points on eligible eats & drinks purchases in Canada for the first 3 months
American Express Marriott Bonvoy (CANADA)
70,000 Marriott Bonvoy Point Welcome Bonus with $3,000 minimum spend + Earn a total of 5 points for every $1 on eligible gas, travel and dining purchases in your first six months of Card Membership; up to 10,000 points
The Bottom Line: Marriott’s Fall Promotion
We now know the details of Marriott Bonvoy’s fall promotion.
Unfortunately, it isn’t the most exciting one. With 2,000 points up for grabs after your second stay, and an additional 2,000 points on offer for a stay at each different brand when using a Marriott Branded credit card, after your second stay.
While this won’t move the needle for many travellers, it’s still worth taking a moment to register, as more points are always better than less points.