Circumnavigating Hadahaa Island in Huvadhoo Atoll, Maldives
One of the most unique features about the Maldives is that almost all the luxury resorts form part of a private island. Each of these one thousand islands that make up the Maldives are sprinkled around the atolls and are truly unique. There is something to be said about being on a tiny island where no cars exist, few amenities exist off the resort and you have the place all to yourself. Our stay on Hadahaa with the Park Hyatt Maldives showed what this type of island life looked like; a window into the soul of life in the Maldives.
This post is one chapter on our third Round the World trip via South Korea, Vietnam, Singapore, the Maldives and India. This trip was redeemed through Air Canada’s Aeroplan and through Starwood Preferred Guest (Marriott Bonvoy) and Hyatt Gold Passport (World of Hyatt) loyalty programs. For more information on how this trip was booked, please see our trip introduction here. For other parts of the trip, please see this index.
If you enjoyed this post, please follow us here or on social media through Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for more travel tips and hacks on how to “Upgrade Your Travels”.
Read More from This Trip
- Trip Introduction: Vietnam, Maldives and India. Round the World #3 in Star Alliance Business Class via Air Canada, Asiana, Singapore, Air India, Turkish Airlines Business Class
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge – Vancouver International
- Air Canada Business Class: Vancouver International – Seoul Incheon
- The Nest Hotel, A Member of Design Hotels, Seoul, Incheon
- Asiana Business Class Lounge: Seoul, Incheon
- Asiana Business Class: Seoul Incheon – Ho Chi Minh City
- The Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers, Ho Chi Minh City
- The Sights and Sounds of Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Restaurant Review: Nhà Hàng Ngon, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- Trading at Ben Thanh Market and Street Life in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Travelling the Mekong River. Travelling Ho Chi Minh City to Thù Thùa, Vietnam
- Travelling the Mekong River. The Canals of Thù Thùa, Vietnam
- Ho Chi Minh City Airport Lounge – Fin Bar
- Singapore Airlines Business Class: Ho Chi Minh City – Singapore
- Westin Singapore
- Shopping at Retail Giants on Orchard Road, Singapore
- Singapore Airlines Silver Kris Lounge: Changi Airport Terminal 2
- Singapore Airlines Business Class: Singapore – Male
- Hotel Jen Maldives Malé by Shangri La, Malé, Maldives
- Street Life in Malé. A Day Walking the Republic’s Maldivian Capital
- Maldivian Moonmia Domestic Lounge, Malé Ibrahim Nasir Domestic
- Maldivan Airlines: Malé – Koodhoo
- Park Hyatt Maldives
- Circumnavigating Hadadaa Island, Maldives
- The Guided Back of House Tour, Park Hyatt Maldives
- Snorkelling the Park Hyatt Maldives House Reef
- Sunsets on Hadahaa Island, Hudavdoo Atoll, Maldives
- The Leeli Lounge – Male International Airport
- Air India: Male Thiruvananthapuram
- Air India: Thiruvananthapuram – Chennai
- Air India Maharajah Lounge: Chennai Madras International Airport
- Air India Business Class: Chennai – New Delhi
- The Leela Palace, New Delhi, India
- Jama Masjid, New Delhi
- Stepping into Chandi Chowk, New Delhi, India
- Overland Travel: New Delhi to Agra by BMW Luxury Sedan
- The Taj Mahal, Agra, India
- The Walled City of Agra, Agra, India
- Air India Maharajah Lounge, Indira Ghandi Domestic, New Delhi
- Air India: New Delhi – Jaipur
- The Rambagh Palace, Jaipur, India
- Walking the Old City of Jaipur, Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar, and City Palace, Jaipur
- A Day in the Footsteps of Royalty, Touring Amber Fort, Jaipur
- Air India: Jaipur – New Delhi
- ITC Muraya Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New Delhi
- The Plaza Premium Lounge, Indira Ghandi International Airport, New Delhi
- Turkish Airlines Business Class: New Delhi – Istanbul
- Turkish Airlines Istanbul Atatürk Business Lounge
- Turkish Airlines Business Class: Istanbul – Montreal
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge – Montreal Domestic
- Air Canada Business Class: Montreal – Vancouver
Circumnavigating Hadahaa Island in Huvadhoo Atoll, Maldives.
“Time spent on a Maldivian Private Island is a unique experience not found in many beach resorts around the world. The immersion into nature is usually substantial and a stark contrast to my every day corporate life. “
On this visit to the Park Hyatt Maldives, we stayed in a wonderful Park Hyatt Maldives Pool Villa. We also had the opportunity to circumnavigate the Hadahaa Island, took in a back of house tour, explored and snorkled the wonderful Hadahaa house reef, and enjoyed many sunsets on Hadahaa.
For our experience during our last stay, or a look at some other room configurations, please see here for our time in a Park Hyatt Maldives Park Villa and Park Hyatt Maldives Over Water Villa.
Where is Hadahaa Island?
The Hadahaa Island is located in the Southern Maldives in the eastern portion of Huvadhoo Atoll. The Hadahaa Island is host the Park Hyatt Maldives, The atoll itself is ringed by some inhabited Madlvian islands, although it can be challenging to explore these independently since most access to the islands requires approval and the requisite transportation. We visited the nearby Gemanafushi Island on a previous visit and it was a pretty interesting and unique window into traditional Maldivian life.
About Hadahaa Island:
The Hadahaa Island is a gorgeous place. As host to the Park Hyatt Maldives, it’s simply one of the most attractive beach holidays on earth. One of the things that makes this place so darn appealing is that you have the entire island to yourself (and maybe 100 other guests) in an environment like this. It’s small enough to be easily explored, it has no day tourists, and looks great from every angle.
The Hadahaa Island is best explored at low ride. The island is ringed by mostly sandy beaches on the north side. There are some portions on the south side that contain some rocks; however for the most part the entire island is circumnavigatable without many challenges.
For the most part, the Bach is pretty broad and expansive. It has those typically gorgeous white sands set against crystal emerald and blue sea waters. IF you are nearby to the house reef, you can see the coral life peeking through to the waters below.
The island contains approximately 52 villas surrounded around the edge of the island. There are also a number of over water villas that stretch out on a single arched pontoon over the water. All the overwater villas have a sunset facing view.
Continuing around the island, it’s a complete stunner to photograph. The northern portion of the island has the majority of the sand bars and is where some of the best photographs are.
It is pretty easy to be inspired into relaxation when you arrive to a place as pretty as this. While I have been fortunate enough to visit some of the nicer places in the world, there were few beach holidays that met the wonder and the beauty of Hadahaa.
What time is like on Hadahaa Island:
Its hard to have words that describe the beauty of a place like this. Being stranded in luxury on a remote island in the middle of the Indian Ocean is something that should be on everyone’s bucket list. It’s easy to be inspired and relaxed when you’re on a private island get away like this.