Activity: Last Day of Skiing at Vail Colorado, USA
This post is one chapter on our trip to Colorado, United States on Alaska Airlines. This trip was booked and credited to Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan using a two for one Companion Fare courtesy of the Alaska Airlines credit card. For more information on how this trip was booked, please see our trip introduction here. For other parts of the trip, please see this index.
Read more from this trip
- Introduction: Skiing at Vail, Colorado, USA, via Alaska Airlines
- Westin Wall Center Vancouver Airport
- Alaska Airlines: Vancouver – Seattle
- Alaska Airlines: Seattle – Denver
- Vail Marriott Mountain Resort and Spa, Vail, Colorado, USA
- City Visit: Vail, Colorado, USA
- Skiing at Vail, Colorado, USA
- Skiing at Copper Mountain, Colorado, USA
- Glenwood Hot Springs, Colorado, USA
- Alaska Airlines: Denver – Seattle
- Alaska Airlines: Seattle – Vancouver
Activity: Last day of skiing at Vail, Colorado, United States
We had heavy snow in the valley again and woke up to white. All the drought in the earlier winter caused a lot of snow dump later in the season.
The snow was quite heavy today. It was much like the “Whistler West Coast Concrete” we were used to. We played around with the go pro to come up with some videos for the day.
It was a tiring day being the last of it for all of us. We had another lunch in the Two Elks Lodge along with a relaxing afternoon.
This was followed by a quiet evening at home; the last night chez Marriott for quite some time.
My Thoughts on Vail Resorts:
Vail was pretty good to us as a ski area. The Marriott Nights and Flights package was a great way to get to experience the resort at a lessor cost. Notwithstanding the high cost of everything, the Epic Pass also reduced a lot of the spend towards this family holiday. If you’re planning a family ski holidays, make sure you plan in advance to save some dollars as the potential for savings is there.