Review: American Express Centurion Lounge, Seattle, Washington, USA
Read more from this trip:
- Introduction: Iceland, Spain and Morocco via Iceland Air Saga Class & British Airways First Class
- Plaza Premium Lounge: Transborder Vancouver
- Alaska Airlines: Vancouver – Seattle
- American Express Centurion Lounge, Seattle Tacoma, USA
- Icelandair Saga Class: Seattle – Keflavik
- Hotel 101, A Member of Design Hotels, Reykjavik, Iceland
- City Visit: Reykjavik, Iceland – Part I
- City Visit: Reykjavik, Iceland – Part II
- The Blue Lagoon, Iceland
- The Golden Circle, Iceland
- Ion Adventure Hotel, A Member of Design Hotels, Nesjavillir, Iceland
- Nesjavillir to Dyrhólaey, Iceland
- Nesjavillir, Iceland
- Icelandair Saga Business Lounge, Keflavik, Iceland
- Icelandair Saga Class: Keflavik – Madrid
- The Westin Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Renfe AVE: Madrid Puerta Atocha – Sevilla Santa Justa
- The Hotel Alphonso XIII, A Luxury Collection Resort, Seville, Spain
- City Visit: Seville, Spain – Part I
- City Visit: Seville, Spain – Part II
- Renfe AVE: Sevilla Santa Justa – Madrid Puerta Atocha
- AC Carlton by Marriott, Madrid, Spain
- Iberia Velazquez Premium Business Lounge, Madrid Barajas Terminal 4S, Madrid, Spain
- Iberia Business Class: Madrid – Marrakech
- The Pearl Lounge, Arrivals Hall, Marrakech Airport, Morocco
- Anayela (Riad), a Member of Design Hotels, Marrakech, Morocco
- City Visit: Marrakech, Morocco – Part I
- City Visit: Marrakech, Morocco – Part II
- Activity: Lunch at Aman Yella, Marrakech, Morrocco
- Activity: Overland Travel from Marrakech to Mhamid, Morocco
- Erg Chigaga Luxury Tented Camp, Mhamid, Morocco – Part I
- Erg Chigaga Luxury Tented Camp, Mhamid, Morocco – Part II
- Activity: Overland Travel from Mhamid to Marrakech, Morocco
- Le Meridien N’Fis, Marrakech, Morocco
- The Pearl Lounge, Departures Hall, Marrakech Airport, Morocco
- British Airways Club Europe: Marrakech – London Gatwick
- Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom
- City Visit: London, United Kingdom
- Qantas Business Lounge, London Heathrow T3, United Kingdom
- Cathay Pacific First Class Lounge, London Heathrow T3, United Kingdom
- British Airways First Class: London – Vancouver
Review: American Express Centurion Lounge, SeaTac, Seattle, USA
On this trip when we arrived into Seattle, it was really busy with lots of families being the Friday before the last long weekend of Labour Day for the summer. It’s a busy place as it is but crowding makes it a bit worse since it’s not to spacious an airport.
Accessing the Lounge:
Along with my new American Express Platinum card, it was my first “free” visit to the American Express Centurion Lounge. Access to this lounge is granted through an American Express Platinum Card, or a American Express Centurion Card. When we arrived, we were asked to join the “wait list”. The current wait was 30 minutes and they took our names and verifying entrance eligibility.
I raced over to the Alaska Lounges at the C and D gates but they both had signs outside indicating they were not admitting priority pass members. They were exiting from the Priority Pass program the day after our visit so there likely wasn’t much appetite to accept Priority Pass on their last day.
“The American Express Seattle Tacoma Centurion Lounge is among my favourite Seattle Airport Lounges. It offers a great bar with narrow airside views, if not a bit crowded in its surroundings.”
The American Express Centurion Lounge:
I returned to the American Express Lounge and we were admitted a little early by a proactive lounge dragon attendant who was checking outside for waiting customers. We entered and we were able to find a place to sit by the bar without any challenges.
Overall, the lounge was well equipped and comfortable. It had a slightly compact foot print. There were Chicken Binh Mah sandwiches, proper salads, and tomato bisque soup. It was nice to be in a place with proper catering and an actual bar.
Food and Beverage:
There was also a proper drink and wine menu.
The lounge also had respectable daylight views out towards the apron. Today’s views were of Delta and Southwest narrow bodies.
We had an easy 2.5 hour layover pass by here in very comfortable environment. It was a more than decent place to pass the time away and among the better options here at Sea Tac.